Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Official Logo of the Rockstar Litter!

Many months ago (it seems) litter themes were flying around my head in anticipation of my friend's impending pups. It's a fun little hobby I have, coming up with AKC names and themes based on the Dam and Sires and although I'm not a breeder myself, I have wonderful friends and mentors who indulge me! One of the themes really seemed to work for Jam and it was super easy coming up with many (100, in fact!) name choices. At RS, we were working on an SIP (Special Interest Publication) called the Top 100 Guitarists of All Time and in it, there was to be an Essential Playlist... the best song for each rocker. I had jotted down a few and then once the mag. was printed, I supplied the full list. (I also was able to procure a copy of the SIP which is no longer in print for each of the pup's family) Fast forward to mid September... the little "rockstars" made their debut and I sat down and started playing... my "other" hobby. And I came up with a logo for one of the photos posted on Linda's puppy blog
It was so well-received that it became the official logo of the litter! This past weekend the pups went home. During the Puppy Party, Linda (who is an AKC Breeder of Merit) holds a class to go over important facts and requirements and general Weim-puppy rearing advise. She creates a booklet chock-full of info including vaccine schedules and protocol, feeding and crate training, pedigree, and photos. This year guess who helped? The Rockstar litter Puppy Manual was in full color and... rocked this on it's cover!
Linda mentioned that she believes this is the first Weim litter to have an official logo. (And now the bar is set for Savi's litter LOL... what WILL I come up with, next???) The lovely pups have now each gone "solo" on their WORLD TOUR... I wish each new family all the best; these Grayhart pups are near and dear to my heart and I can't wait to watch them grow and take the Weim world by storm!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kel! These logos were created with love and know how special they are to us and the Rockstars!

    ReplyDelete